Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How would you react if you got a Yoga Parking Ticket?


Granted, I'm probably preaching to the choir here; I take it that most people who would bother to read this blog are yogis and yoginis. But after watching this video, and seeing that most of the people in the video (including the hosts) are not exactly thrilled at the prospect of getting a parking ticket with yoga poses on it, I decided to get your opinion on this. What would be your first reaction if you got a parking ticket with yoga postures printed on it? Would you be ecstatic? ("Wow, the world must be becoming a better place if even parking attendants are doing yoga!") Pissed? ("This totally cheapens/vulgarizes the practice!") Indifferent? ("Yeah, whatever... If you were so yogic, why would you even give me a parking ticket in the first place?") 

3 comments:

  1. ah! i can't believe that! that is a piss-take (excuse my french)! i just got a surge of non-yogic feelings just by looking at that clip ;-) ivana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess my first thought would be 'they spent money on this?'.

    My second would be to take the reminder that parking in the wrong place is doing harm . . . If I'm lucky enough to have a car, the least I can do is park it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Ivana, as hard as it is to believe, it does seem that there are lots of people out there with some not-so-warm-and-fuzzy feelings about yoga :-)

    Good point, Ragdoll. Yes, I think you are right that parking in the wrong spot is doing harm, especially if one does it deliberately.

    ReplyDelete