Sunday, December 4, 2011

Yoga vs. Kungfu

A couple of days ago, I mused that Ashtanga yoga may be thought of as a form of Ancient South Indian Spiritual Kungfu. Well, it turns out that there is some documentary evidence for my random claim after all: Check out the video below. It turns out that many of the postures that we Ashtangis practice actually have self-defense applications, and can be used to kick some serious kungfu butt! Enjoy!

Warning: This is not an instructional video, my friend. Do not attempt to do the postures at home in the order shown in the video.


After you have watched the video, if you are so inclined, you can answer this optional quiz question:

Which yoga style do you think the yogi in the video studied in? (I don't have the answer myself.)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I was thinking of that video when I read your previous post. So glad you posted it, Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like this movie, too, Tom :-)

    ReplyDelete