Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A practice report, real quick

I have a really full day ahead of me today, so this post is going to be quite short.

I'll just focus on talking about my practice. This morning, I did full primary and second up to pincha mayurasana. Wow, it really takes a bit of effort to get back into the swing of things after a moon day. My hips didn't feel terribly open in primary. For instance, in Baddha Konasana A, it took a couple more breaths than usual for me to bring my forehead and chest to the ground.

Oh, and there was one minor annoyance: I put my mysore rug in the washer yesterday, but forgot to then put it in the dryer. Which meant that my mysore rug was not ready for use this morning, and I had to practice on a sticky mat. I almost tripped over in Trikonasana (yes, Trikonasana! Can you believe that?). There's something about sticky mats: I find them too sticky for my feet to shift on them smoothly. But it seems that I am the only person who has this issue. Everybody seems happy with their Mandukas and such.

By the time I got to second series, my hips had become way more open. Pasasana was nice (wrist bind). So was kapotasana (heel-grab). LBH was nice too. By the time I got through Pincha, though, I was totally wiped out. Not just in the sense of being breathless (I can recover from that very quickly), but in the sense of... how should I put this? It feels like somebody had taken a giant spoon and scooped out my innards, leaving me totally all empty and transparent inside. The funny thing is, it's not a bad feeling at all, once I sit with the feeling for a little bit. It actually feels... cleansing and detoxing.

Okay. Got to go now. I said this was going to be short, right? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment