Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A few thoughts on an unusually late night

It's past midnight here in Minnesota, and way past my bedtime. I'm guessing that by the time you read this, you would have known who has won the Presidential election in this country, so I'm not going to repeat the obvious, and risk rubbing it in for those of you who do not share my political views.

Right now, I actually feel more relieved than anything else. I am optimistic that the road is just a little bit smoother for this country and perhaps the world as a whole to move in the direction of greater consciousness and equality.

But things are a bit more complicated than that. As you probably know by now, President Obama won the electoral college vote by a big margin, but the popular vote is split almost evenly between him and Romney. Which means that this country remains deeply divided over many, many issues, and that much work needs to be done and much honest, constructive dialogue needs to take place between people from different points on the political spectrum if we are going to make this country and the world a better, more humanistic place for all to live and flourish in.

Oh well... that's about all I can say for now; I'm barely even conscious right now. I think I'm going to have to do just full primary or maybe even half-primary in the morning. Good night, and good luck.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment