Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Long live Cylon-free Ashtanga blogging

I just finished watching all four seasons of Battlestar Galactica: About half an hour ago, I consumed completed the last episode of season 4. So they found Earth... well, sort of. I won't spoil it for you by telling you more.

The Last Supper
[Image taken from here]

All in all, I think it was a beautiful ending to a very well-told story, although I can't help feeling that more explanation of what exactly happened to Starbuck would have been nice. But then again, I suppose there's something to be said for not over-explaining things.

The feeling I have now is like the feeling one gets when one finishes a good book: You don't want it to end. But as the oft-repeated cliche goes, all good things have to come to an end... Well, I guess the upside is that we can all now look forward to some serious Ashtanga blogging (do we even know what that means anymore?) without all this neither-here-nor-there rambling about Cylons that has been all-too-characteristic of my blogging in the last couple of months. Yay. Long live Cylon-free Ashtanga blogging!  

2 comments:

  1. Best thing about being ill was watching the last three series pretty much back to back. And Noble, there are two spin off TV movies, one called Razor based on the Pegasus and the other called Blood and Chrome on the early life of the Admiral. Oh and of course there was the kind of prequel series Caprica which was getting interesting but only ran for a season (only caught half of it might fish it out).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about all three (Razor, Blood and Chrome and Caprica). I watched Razor on Netflix, although I've learned that the DVD version contains some things (mostly footage pertaining to Admiral Cain's early life) that the Netflix version doesn't. So I am considering getting the DVD now.

      I might try to catch Blood and Chrome too. Would be interesting to learn about the exploits of a younger Bill Adama.



      Delete